MacBook Pro A1286 TrackPad Replacement
This repair is not easy. You will need to remove many components, including Logic Board.
In order to replace your broken / not functioning TrackPad you will need to follow the following;
1. Remove the bottom screws in order to remove the bottom aluminium cover
2. Unplug all the connectors attached to the motherboard
3. Remove every screw that hold Logic Board
4. Remove 3 screws holding the battery.
5. Remove the battery gently and unplug it from the Logic Board
6. Remove the Logic board.
7. Remove the 8 screws holding the TrackPad as well as the larger adjustment screw for the click button
8. Remove the TrackPad and it’s connector that is lightly glued under the Logic Board
9. Install the new TrackPad and make sure you adjust the larger screw on it so your click button works correctly.
10. Reassemble in reverse.
If you have issues or you want us to perform the replacement please call 561-285-2828